Ipod Touch will not turn on!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Runner038, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Runner038 macrumors member

Runner038

My Ipod Touch started freezing after I pressed the home button, then while I was in an app or on safari it quit unexpectedly either back to the home screen or the page where you unlock the Ipod and it froze. Then it quit and kept on doing it so I just shut it off and was going to turn it back on but it wouldn't work!!!!!

I tried to do a hard reset by holding power and home button but didn't work, regular power on didn't work! Then I plugged it in to computer and it said usb device unknown! I tried several techniques and none seemed to work!

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with my Ipod and how to fix the problem???????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  3. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

I did that several times but nothing! Ipod unknown on computer and not shown in itunes! It is jailbroken.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Try putting the device into recovery mode, and then do a restore.

5. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

Says it's not recognized on windows, not recognized in itunes either. I don't know what the problem is. I don't why it won't recognize the Ipod!

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I would try plugging it into a Mac and try. Otherwise, if the problem persists I suggest going here and scheduling an appointment to have it checked out. They will hopefully replace it.

7. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

Yeah I called an expert but he didn't ask if it was jailbroken so he said to schedule an appointment at the apple store. But if the problem persists do you think they will somehow find out if it is jailbroken if they can't turn it on? I'm still under warranty though.

8. markojug macrumors regular

Apple hates jailbreaking to if they happen to turn it on, you will be screwed.

If it is bricked, no way to turn it on, your in luck

When you jailbreak, your warranty gets VOID

9. Runner038 thread starter macrumors member

Runner038

Well i think it is bricked because it is being shown as a unknown device so i know it could still work. Any help to try getting it reset before i take it in to the apple store?