Ipod Touch will take some videos, and not others

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Skakidalex, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Skakidalex macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

ok, here's the skinny.

I have a 32 GB, second gen ipod touch. I used 4media ipod video converter, converted 40 .avis to .mp4. So, I added the videos to my library, deleted the originals as to not have doubles of videos that can eat up space for no reason, went to sync. Now, during syncing, at about 35, it stopped working. Won't write, but there's plenty of space, all the files were converted to .mp4s at the same time. any explanations??

2. Walt DI macrumors member

Maybe the files are corrupt, happen to me once, and that was the reason.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have noticed that many times. The problem was that the files weren't correctly converted so they weren't really .mp4 even though they say they are. My suggestion would be to try another conversion software.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It does indeed sound like dodgy files. I'd use a reputable converter like Handbrake, VisualHub, or even Apple's own products (iTunes or QuickTime Pro, or Compressor if you feel like wasting money :p).

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well actually what i did was go to download.com and check out the available ones they have - there are a couple for free with great user and editor ratings.

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Handbrake(MAC/Windows) is GREAT and now converts pretty much any video file. Videora(Windows) is also pretty good. Both are free.

7. Skakidalex thread starter macrumors newbie

hey all, I got it to work finally. Must have been corrupt files or something, I just re-converted it using the same program, everything's good :) thanks for the suggestions!! :)