iPod Touch Wireless Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nickarmadillo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

Today I called up the college campus tech support after I could not set up the wireless connection on my ipod touch. Unfortunately I was told that I would be unable to use it as the wireless is encrypted with WPA2 enterprise. Is there any way that I can connect? My touch is jailbroken, so is there possibly some sort of 3rd party software that I can download? I would be extremely dissappointed if I paid all this money (also paid for the 10.5 upgrade so that I could connect my ipod touch) and could not use my touch after all.

2. Azadre macrumors 6502

No, Apple hates us. :(

3. nickarmadillo thread starter macrumors regular

4. nickarmadillo thread starter macrumors regular

anyone have any idea/information/help? What can be done to get the ipod touch to work on a WPA enterprise network? It seems a bit silly that apple would release a device that was not compatable with one of the most popular wireless encryption options.

5. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Trust me, I have been trying to get my touch to work on my campus since I got it on September 23rd and it just wont. It cannot use 802.1x to log into a secure wifi network. I have been sending feedback to Apple for months and I thought they would fix it yesterday at MacWorld, but no such luck.:mad:

Maybe they'll fix it in the near future. Or a hacker will :p

6. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

Man, I use my touch beautifully all over my Community College Campus, and the University Washington Tacoma has worked for me in the past (its not far from my house) I'm sure theres gotta be a way for yours to work, just I dont know how :confused:

7. thepianoman2007 macrumors newbie

Yeah I really wish someone would post a hack somewhere to enable WPA2 enterprise on the touch. I've been looking for one forever. If anyone knows of a hack, please post the link...

8. y0jeremy macrumors newbie

Hook up your own wireless :) set your own encryption! - if you can hook up w/ your friends throughout the houses/campus - setup your own wifi network - just bridge the APs -

9. krusej23 macrumors newbie

With the new update in June we will be able to get onto WPA2 Enterprise networks.:D