Ipod touch with light leak from amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by schopaia, Sep 25, 2010.

1. schopaia macrumors member

schopaia

Just got my 4G touch from amazon yesterday, and immediately noticed the light leak issue on the left size. But rather than the "pinhole" leaks I've heard described, mine has a 1/4" band of light emitting from what looks like an irregular glass or plastic shard lodged between the rubber gasket and screen. It also has several pinholes of light along the midpoint of both sides of the screen.

Anyone else have this issue? I ordered from amazon - can I take it to an apple store for replacement - if it should be replaced? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Yes, you can.

Do you have clicking in your video and voice recordings too?

3. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Return it to apple for a replacement. Do NOT send it back to Amazon. You will probably receive another one in one month due to shortage. At Apple store, you can get it right away if they have it in stock.

4. stevo101 macrumors member

im pretty sure they all have it, i wouldnt worry about it!

5. EJR macrumors member

I had to return two ipods to amazon because of a multitude of issues, one of which was a light leak. I gave up, definitely not worth the hassle.

6. RayLancer macrumors member

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

8. GekiRed macrumors regular

If I have a problem with one bought from Amazon in the US and I live in the UK, would I be able to take it back to my local Apple Store in Liverpool for a repair or replacement with the receipt?

9. schopaia thread starter macrumors member

schopaia

Thanks everyone for the replies. I did a little more reading on the topic and it looks like this issue is somewhat common. Would it make sense to wait to exchange it - until Apple sorts out the issue?

In other words - Does apple historically make changes to it's manufacturing process with later shipments - and how long might that take?

10. gta50419 macrumors 6502

why are people worried about a light leak when the ipod still work and won't effect the performance?
    just asking because i don't understand, anyway i would just keep it no big deal

11. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Because it's distracting in low light conditions and at night.