iPod touch with wallet app but no TouchID?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by W.MlL, May 28, 2019.

1. W.MlL macrumors member

Wallet app without a biometric security feature means everyone will be using a 6 digit PIN for security. I assume one has to enter a passcode every time the Wallet app is used?

The primary thing the biometric security features gave users is the ability to use a strong, secure passcode of like 10+ digits (instead of insecure 4-6 digit PINs). Having to input a strong passcode once a week or at every reboot is reasonable but having to enter it every time you unlock the phone or use Wallet app is too tedious.

I would have been willing to pay more if it had TouchID.

2. subjonas macrumors 68000

I would pay more for Touch ID too. (But I’d only be interested in the iPod touch if it came in a large phablet size.)

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

It doesn't have NFC for Apple Pay if that's what you want it for.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Hmm.... Almost like some sort of... miniature iPad.

I wonder if Apple has considered such a product.

:p

5. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

It doesn't have Apple Pay so the Wallet App in the iPod Touch is really only for loyalty cards, movie & concert tickets, boarding passes & etc. On an iPhone you can access any of those things in the wallet app simply by having your phone unlocked so I imagine it would be the same for the iPod Touch.

Sure TouchID would've been nice, but given the main users of these devices (businesses, kids and use as a dedicated music player) I suspect Apple though keeping it inexpensive was most important.

6. subjonas macrumors 68000

Hah
    The iPad mini isn’t a handheld.