Ipod Touch Wont Downgrade To 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by esegre, Nov 19, 2007.

1. esegre macrumors newbie

I have an Ipod touch 16G on 1.1.2 and have tried many ways to downgrade to
    jailbreak.
    I tried on my emac with itunes 7.5 then with itunes 7.4.2
    I tried on my ebook G5 with itunes 7.5

no luck always get error -5 and stay on 1.1.2

any ideas??

2. dagored macrumors 65816

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

well firstly make sure you have a copy of the 1.1.1 restore ipsw file (google it) then the simplest way to do it is press the mac options key then click the restore button and navigate to where the restore file is click it then click open and iTunes should restore the iPod to 1.1.1

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Can I gets me one of those ebooks??

5. laserterd macrumors newbie

Can you help me with this? I do this, and then it says "error 5152" or some similar number. Then when i try again, the file is gone, so i have to re download it...

All i want is to have the installer icon back on my touch and have it work properly. I did recently update because i did not know that it would affect it.

Thanks

6. hardrockersean macrumors newbie

to: esegre I would just like to say that I have the EXACT same problem. after multiple tries I finally managed to download the ipsw file, and now I get the stupid error 5. I just want to go back to 1.1.1!!! somebody please help! What I need exactly is a step by step (baby steps those are) on how to get the 1.1.1 ipsw file from my computer onto my iphone/ipod touch in recovery mode. Then how to get it back out of recovery mode with itunes 7.5. (iPhuc doesnt seem to work, nor will INdependence. HELP! I foolishly upgraded to 1.1.2 in an attempt to get my pod out of recovery mode now its haunting me. Let me go back to my old jailbroken days.

and to laserterd: I suffered a similar problem, I believe that you have downloaded the right file, but unzipped it (even if the comp did it automatically) so you are now trying to put the dmg on there. It doesnt work. Download the file again but dont let it decompress. I couldnt figure out how to turn off the auto decompression so I just watched the download and pressed cancel when it started to decompress (running a mac). Then change the zip file to an ipsw file.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

Download the firmware here (off the apple servers): http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw

make sure safari doesn't auto open it cause you will most likely end up with a directory instead of ipsw file. if you end up with a directory just zip the folder up and rename extention to .ipsw

now its just a case of pointing itunes to the file on your mac

8. laserterd macrumors newbie

so is someone going to make a jailbreak that works for the newer versions as they come out or what? because updates are good, but if they erase jailbreak then idk if i want them.

9. laserterd macrumors newbie

Ok so for some reason when i downloaded that file, it was version 1.1. But now that i tried again, its 1.1.1. Its downloading right now, so ill see if it works. Thanks!

10. Kyleinak macrumors newbie

esegre, I had the exact same problem. Drove me crazy...here's what you do, the problem is not the ispw file or itunes (btw i downgraded itunes to 7.4.2 also thinking it would help), the problem is safari. It screws the file up by compressing it after download. Use firefox, and as soon as the file is done downloading, do nothing to it!!! All the people saying rename it or what ever are wrong at least in reference to osx. Just open itunes option click restore and click on the file you download from firefox. Bam your done. Hope this helps.