Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nyukasami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Sorry for the bother. I'm new.
I tried restoring my ipod from my pc and now, it won't work.
I've tried unninstalling itunes, the usb port, i've tried simply restoring it, but the 1604 error appears, and i'm nervous, because i have it for such short time. I'm lost right now more because I've tried taking Apple's steps for this problems, and this forums steps too, but it all does the same in the end: the screen to connect the usb to itunes appears on my ipod and it wont appear on itunes, or it wont reboot or restore...

...as you can see just by writing this text, im pretty worried.

hollywood24

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2010
well,
i had this problem too. on your ipod touch, is your plug at the bottom bent at all? mine was so i had to like, snap it back in you know?

or, well you need to use a different usb, say, the usb in the back of your computer or the one next to it. that usually does the trick. or you just need a to use a different computer/laptop

Nyukasami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Thanks you two!
But here's something that I don't think is right:
As soon as I connect the ipod to the computer the itunes logo on the ipod appears(the one with the usb cable under it). I was trying to do the DFU mode aggie indicated but as soon as it's connected to my pc, the logo appears and I can't try the ten second button thingy because of that. Is there a way to stop this? I've alsow tried adjusting the cable to see if it has any problems, but it doesn't, and none of the usb ports on my pc will give me a different response.

PS: I'm gonna talk to my brother and try on his laptop that has never connected to my ipod unless just to charge it a little. As I might screw up making the wrong decisions, what should i do at first when I try it? If the recovery wizard from windows appears, should i try it? And btw, he doesn't have itunes, so when should i install it, before or after I plug the ipod in?

Nyukasami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Thanks you two!
But here's something that I don't think is right:
As soon as I connect the ipod to the computer the itunes logo on the ipod appears(the one with the usb cable under it). I was trying to do the DFU mode aggie indicated but as soon as it's connected to my pc, the logo appears and I can't try the ten second button thingy because of that. Is there a way to stop this? I've alsow tried adjusting the cable to see if it has any problems, but it doesn't, and none of the usb ports on my pc will give me a different response.

PS: I'm gonna talk to my brother and try on his laptop that has never connected to my ipod unless just to charge it a little. As I might screw up making the wrong decisions, what should i do at first when I try it? If the recovery wizard from windows appears, should i try it? And btw, he doesn't have itunes, so when should i install it, before or after I plug the ipod in?

Hey everybody! I just wanted to say that I tried recovering my iPod on my bro's pc and it works~
I think it was because my pc wouldn't let iTunes make an update for the iPod, because it never appeared when i connected to my pc, but as soon as i started to recover it on my bro's pc, the update appeared!
thanks for helping me! :)

skylarsmommy

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
MARYALND
please help my ipod touch 160 gb wont recover

i got a ipod touch 160gb and it wont recover it just keeps comming up with a rex x on it some 1 please HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE....:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.