iPod touch won't restore help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Reelknead1, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

Hey guys I have a 2g 16gb itouch. My girlfriend has been using it and all of a sudden the touch screen has stopped working. I have told her to restore it in hope that it would be an OS issue. When she went to restore it she got "this device is not eligible for the requested build" the touch is out of warranty by 3 months and has never been hacked. Any thoughts?

2. celticpride678

What OS is the device running right now? Are you trying to downgrade to a lower OS version.

3. Reelknead1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe it is running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and I told her to restore it, which would mean that it would be upgraded. Should I have her try and just upgrade it instead of restoring it?

4. celticpride678

I'd try that and see if that words. That error message usually means that you're upgrading to an OS that is not supported by that device (which isn't the case) or you're downgrading to a previous OS version.

5. Reelknead1 thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortunately I'm in Texas and she has it with her in CT so normally i would figure it out myself but i have never come across this issue before and its a little difficult when its not in front of me.

I'll let her know what to do and keep you guys informed.

6. Reelknead1 thread starter macrumors 6502

So before I had her update it or restore it. I had her do a force restart and look at that fixed everything. When I asked her when the last time she restarted I got a response of idk when was the last time you did it. I haven't had it in my possession for over a year.