iPod touch wont restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by issint, Jul 8, 2010.

1. issint macrumors newbie

I had a jailbroken iPod touch but I decided that I didn't really want it to be jailbroken anymore. So I reset the iPod through the ipod touch's reset option, not the computer restore. As a result the ipod was stuck in the white apple logo screen. I held the sleep button and home button until it turned off. I then plugged it in and it said my iPod was in recovery mode but when I try to restore it iTunes says the device isn't eligible for the requested build. Plz Help

thanks!

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

3. issint thread starter macrumors newbie

Same problem, I have a feeling it might be the computer because even before I tried to reset via the ipod it said I wasn't eligible for the requested build. I'm also not using the latest iTunes, do any of these things make a difference? I may end up just going to an apple store and asking a genius to restore it for me.

4. The Wise One macrumors newbie

i think its due it It been Jailbroken and iTunes will not provide stuff lik tht for Jailbroken iPods becoz one of my friends have a jailbroken one, but i Just Kept Mine the way it was made !!!

The Wise One :apple: x

5. celticpride678

Try downloading the update directly and manually pointing iTunes to the firmware file.