ipod touch won't sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amorrs, Jun 30, 2009.

1. amorrs macrumors newbie

my itouch won't sync to my ibook. it dosen't appear in itunes when i connect via the usb cable.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Version of iTunes, version of Mac OS? Has it worked before?

3. amorrs thread starter macrumors newbie

mac os 10.4.11

itunes 8.2

everything worked great before i upgraded to 3.0. This is the first time I've tried to add tunes to my ipod etc and it doesn't show up in itunes.

4. celticpride678

Can you try it in another computer?
    Another cable?

5. kmiahali macrumors regular

kmiahali

maybe the Itunes needs to be updated. I remember this happened with my ipod when i tryed to sync it. it wouldn't appear and if it did, it disappeared within seconds. After updating Itunes, it began syncing. Or, if you take it to the Apple store, they can fix it for you.

6. celticpride678

iTunes is already up to date. He/She said 8.2

7. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

try putting your ipod touch in DFU mode, your ibook should see it. if not, get a dif cable or try dif usb ports.

8. amorrs thread starter macrumors newbie

can't sync etc

i got my itouch into dfu mode and followed the restore steps but keep getting a message that it can't be restored because of error 1611. also, i can't get it out of dfu mode. the itunes icon with an arrow below and below that a usb cord, keep s appearing on the screen.

9. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

here is a page from the apple website that cna help u with ur situation.
    link
    if that doesn't work, try restoring on a different computer. It might just be that USB ports conking out because you have an old laptop.

10. amorrs thread starter macrumors newbie

Itouch sync problem is solved!

I trashed iTunes and associated stuff re directions on the apple ipodtouch help site, then reinstalled iTunes 8.2 and all is well!

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

11. percycv macrumors newbie

Ipod tpuch and itunes

Hi,
    since I upgraded to itunes 8.2 my Ipod touch 2nd is not recognized by itunes.
    when I connect to my mac itunes freeze and i have to force quit .
    any idea what is the problem??

12. scrappledog macrumors member

I updated to 3.0 last week, and today when I try to sync it says "The disk could not be read from or written to."

Yet it still recognizes my iPod and the iTunes diagnostics say everything is OK. What's going on and how do I fix it?

13. JediMeister macrumors 68040

@ percycv: First of all, in your iTunes preferences, disable automatic syncing of iPhones and iPods in the Devices tab. Make sure you are updated fully on the computer system, this is important! Reconnect your iPod, see what happens. If iTunes hangs up again, you may have a software issue on the computer end. If nothing happens, yet the iPod still fails to appear in iTunes, open up System Profiler and see if the computer recognizes the iPod as connected in the USB section under Hardware. If not, follow this article. Alternatively if you suspect an issue with the iPod itself, you can try forced recovery instead. If it does show up in iTunes, try syncing over just a particular type of media such as music or movies or photos rather than the whole shebang, something may be corrupted in the sync process.

@ scrappledog: Look over this article and see what steps are applicable in your situation.

14. amorrs thread starter macrumors newbie

iPod won't sync

Trashed iTunes and all related stuff and reinstalled iTunes from the apple lync and my ipodtouch 3.0 works better than ever. The sync problem was evidently with iTunes.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!