ipod touch won't turn on after multiple restores

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mike789, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mike789 macrumors member

This might be common, but I couldn't find a thread for this anywhere, if you know of one please help me out.

Anyway, I updated to 2.0 awhile back and after a successful installation and a day or so, the touch wouldn't turn on, so I restored it. Worked fine for a couple days, then happened again. Restored again- wouldn't turn on again. When I connect it to itunes it says "ipod needs to be restored." sometimes when i hold the hold and home button together for 20 seconds or so it will work, but once it shuts off again it shuts off for good. Other times it shows low battery, but it has sat in my ihome for a couple hours so I don't see how it could drain so fast. Currently it is unresponsive no matter what I do. Anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks.

2. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

You could try DFU mode.
    1. Hold both buttons, like you would to get into restore mode, for 10 seconds.
    2. After counting to 10.... release the Sleep/wake button ONLY. But keep holding on to the home button.
    3. Itunes will recognize your device... but the iPods screen will be black.
    4. Restore to whatever FW higher or equal to your previous one.

Hope this helps!

3. mike789 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the help. it started to look like it would work, restored to the previous version fine, but then shut off and wouldn't turn back on :( .... anyone else have any ideas?

thanks