iPod Touch Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Doju, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Well, my sister's iPod Touch recently has been acting weird. It will suddenly turn off, and try to reboot itself, but the Apple sign will just stay on the screen, it's been two days now.

We've restoerd the iPod Touch at least three times now which takes awhile to do, so we're getting tired of doing it. Plus, you lose all game data.

What can I do to stop it? Will 2.0.1 software fix it?

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Perfect signs of bad hardware...
    Get it replaced!

3. Mikey- macrumors regular

Yeah do what Apple Ink says, get it replaced.

4. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

1. It was my iPod Touch before, and it worked perfect. But after installing 2.0 these problems occurred.

2. If I was to give it back, how? There is no Apple Store where I live (for hundreds of miles) and I bought it off Apple's website. So how would I return it?

5. Mikey- macrumors regular

I not certain on this but if there's an Apple reseller in your area they might be able to help you.

6. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Had you broken the iPod before 2.0?

Any ways, since you bought both the iPod and the 2.0 firmware, call Apple support immediately!

7. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Broken as in jailbroken or desroyed? If the latter, no, I kept it in perfect condition; I was very anal about that. If the former, nope, unjailbroken. (Except for a month or two at the beginning, but I went back to original firmware afterwards.)

Anymore suggestions? :(