iPod touch wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brye-kun, Dec 3, 2008.

1. brye-kun macrumors newbie

My iPod touch (1st gen.) wont turn on!:mad: I had charged it the night before and during the middle of the day I had used it, perfectly fine, then, it wouldent turn on! I had thought it was out of battery because I left the music playing. However, when I got home and charged it on my computer (Windows) it shows up in iTunes and says its fully charged! I tried holding the power and home buttons for a while but it still wont turn on!!!

When I sync it to my comp. it makes the little *beep* sound, but thats it. Grrr!!! I have no clue whats wrong! It has the 2.2 software and was working perfectly fine prior to this. I am sure I did not hit it (it was in my pocket when I found out, I usually put it there) and no water touched it. The screen looks fine, nothing breaking and i did not Jailbreak it as well.

...any suggestions?:(

2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

try put the ipod in DFU mode then plug it back in to restore it

3. brye-kun thread starter macrumors newbie

i just did, the screen works now!
    hopefully it will continue to work.

:confused: hmm. . . why do you think that happened?

4. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

probably just some glitch or error that just so happend to go around when you were updating your ipod, nothing surprising, a good restore usually solves the problem

5. brye-kun thread starter macrumors newbie

i did the update like last week, it worked fine up till now.
    haha. oh well. restores almost always solve the problem!

6. farmerjoe01 macrumors newbie

I get pure black screen every once in a while (has happened 2 times in 3 months) I just do a soft reset and it comes back no problem.

7. Luminator macrumors member

This usually happens to me when the battery gets to low. I just do a soft reset by holding the power and home button until I see the apple, then release both.

This works every time.