iPod Touch WPA... at my university (Texas A&M)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andyACEcandy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

2. kaenai macrumors newbie

If it's a wireless network, you iPod touch should be able to find it anyway. That's just for setting up a connection to the network on your PC.

If your iPod doesn't see the network, hit "other", and use the settings shown in that link, as well as the username and password you usually use at school.

3. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

seems kinda confusing for it to work on the ipod touch seeing as though it only asks for password

but on the computer, i log on using a username and a password

4. kaenai macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I'm horrible at tech support online. If I were sitting there looking at your iPod touch, I could likely figure it out, but...
    ...well, if wishes were diamonds and all that. :(

But no, if it's WPA, I can't see why you'd need to download that for the iPod. Just my $.02, though; I'm no expert.

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Does the touch have the ability to connect to 802.1x? I don't know much about hardware, but that would seem to be the place to start.

Here are the instructiona for Leopard and here are the ones for Windows Mobile. Maybe you can cobble them together somehow to find the right info?

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Dude, just call the Help Desk (979-845-8300). They are much more likely to be able to answer your question than anyone here.

Gig 'em

7. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

the help desk is so dumb they probably dont even know what an ipod touch is

help desk is sooooo dumb, any student can get the job even if they know nothing about the subject. they probably just read solutions to commonly asked questions from some manual

i was hopin someone here would know because theres a lot of college students here who may be facing the same problem

8. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Weird. They were pretty helpful to me on a couple of occasions when I was there.

9. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

As of yet the iphone/ipod touch does not support 802.1X, so you cannot connect.

10. pazreal macrumors regular

Our school uses the same root certificate stuff for the 802.1x network (which they implemented for privacy reasons) and so the IPT does not work on that network because it does not support 802.1x as stated above