iPod Touch your long term iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bowlerguy10, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I have been suckered in for the last couple of years by Apple to get every new revision they come out with. This time I am saying that's it. I bought my iPod Touch love it and plan on keeping it for at least a few years until I buy another iPod. It's got everything I need on it and its perfect. Anyone else going to be using their iPod Touches for years to come?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yeah, i tend not to buy pricey things and not keep them a while lol

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Same here. It's such a great device. And I expect us to get a proper Email application and stuff like that without having to jailbrake or buy new hardware. :)

4. nlivo macrumors 6502a

well.....yeah i will be keeping my iPod touch for a while but.......when the iphone is available here (australia) I will see what the plans are and how much it costs and then see if it is worth UPdating.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I plan on keeping mine for a long time. Even without mail app I can still use .mac mail and send email. Great device.:apple:

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am close to getting a Touch, but I just recently got a Classic as well. The Classic is used mainly in my car though, and I'm testing my patience on buying a touch because I know I'll eventually break down and get an iPhone. Grrrrrr..... I hate being patient.

7. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

I think the only thing that would really prompt me to get a "new" Touch would be a significant upgrade to storage size from 16GB; double probably wouldn't be reason enough and more like quadruple the size would be necessary.

8. franzmueller macrumors regular

Yeah .... and my nano for the car and my shuffle for workouts and my 5g video as a hard drive .....

Since I can edit ical I use my ipt mostly as a pda / video / internet device

And when the iphone is released in Spain some time next year I will go for it :D

Saludos

9. aft macrumors regular

The only thing I'm missing with the touch is all of the time Internet connection...so when a 3G 16gb iPhone comes out I'm going to make the switch

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I bought my iTouch to replace my 1st gen 4GB Nano, partly because I've recently become much busier than I used to be, with a schedule that changes from week to week. Now that I've had it for a few weeks, I find that I'm using it to send all my emails (it's JB'd, of course) and for web browsing when I'm out on the balcony smoking (like now) ... Actually I haven't sent an email from my shiny new iMac in about two weeks - this Touch is so easy to type on, and I have it with me every day (on my hour long train ride to work) so it's much easier to stay on top of email with it than being forced to sit down in front of my Mac.

In other words, this iPod is absolutely indispensable to me now, and I don't plan on getting rid of it until they launch the 3G iPhone in Japan - I'll be first in line for that thing, because having Internet access (hence email access) WHEREVER I am is what I really want. In the meantime I'm stuck with the iTouch - but it does the job too. Until the iPhone comes, this iTouch is with me (and being used for EVERYTHING) pretty much 24/7 ... :D

11. Nicowoodcock macrumors newbie

I have an iPod touch, and plan to use it for years. I would have an iPhone, but in the UK you have to buy it, then pay 02 a minimum of £35 a month. I would never use up the contract and I dont have that kind of money to throw around, as I also recently bought a new MacBook

12. britton45 macrumors newbie

I have been using my 5th generation ipod more since i got the ipod touch.
    ipod touch for the house and the 5th generation ipod in the car. Watching video on the ipod touch and music on the other. I will probably use the
    ipod touch more the older it gets. If they come out with a new touch item in a year, I would probably buy. tim

13. Nexxus macrumors member

I'm with you on this idea. But the iPhone must be at least 16gb or the deal is off. So as soon as the 3g 16 or 32gb iPhone comes to New Zealand I'll buy it and keep that for a while. I have a mini that I bought 4 years ago and used up until Sept/Oct when I bought both the 160gb classic and the 16gb touch. I have resisted up grades before and I will do it again.

14. mmfy macrumors regular

Same here...this might be my only iPod for a few years, but when iPhone v2 (or 3 :D) comes out unlocked and improved who knows?! By then i'll need a new phone anyway!

15. tefleming macrumors 6502

I'm using my touch as main mobile device (everything but a phone). Probably stay that way unless/until I can get a phone that is as good (I love how thin the touch is compared to the iPhone.

16. taytho macrumors 6502

i sold my older models and went with the touch. i DO NOT regret this at all. the wifi browser makes life so much easier. i use gmail flawlessly on there and have trimmed my music library down to an enjoyable size to listen to on it. great product.

17. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'll be sticking with mine for a while. Well, at least I think I will be unless Apple pull something even better out of the bag...

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Certainly. Last iPod I had before my touch was the first Gen Mini. :D

19. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

The Touch is perfect. it may not have the capacity but it has everything else and the kitchen sink!

20. David G. macrumors 65816

21. Schnebar macrumors 6502

My old main iPod was the 15gig with the four touch buttons above the wheel.

I had that for a long time so I think I will be able to hold on to the touch for a while.

22. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's going to be my main iPod until they manage to upsell me to a 3G 16gb iPhone later next year.

Damn you and your baiting, Apple.

23. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

No it's not going to be my long-term ipod. I'm going to sell it and buy next revision as soon as it arrives on market (propably september 2008). Ipod touch is a great device, but battery is very poor, memory capacity is not enough, the screen quality doesn't match today's standards, and it could have been bigger (like 4,3'' instead of 3,5'').

24. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

well, yes and no.
    i just bought a touch and i love it and it amazed me how intelligent it was. for instance it got some photos that i never even knew i still had off of iPhoto without even asking me.
    and the internet floored me.
    but in two years, this things is going to be an ancient piece of crap compared to whatever new and amazing gadget they release then. so yes it my long term iPod if you call a year or two long term.