Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hi - if I took photos with my 4th gen iPod touch (and lost it a few weeks after) - where are those photos? Would they be synced anywhere?

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
If you had iCloud, then there are in your photo stream and every time you connected to Wi-Fi the newest 1000 were synced. You can access them on your computer if you get the app or icloud.com.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
If you had iCloud, then there are in your photo stream and every time you connected to Wi-Fi the newest 1000 were synced. You can access them on your computer if you get the app or icloud.com.
I'll try iCloud.com.
[doublepost=1454705623][/doublepost]the ones I want aren't there

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
Did you set up camera upload for Dropbox or Google Drive? iCloud is the default one, so if iCloud doesn't have what you want and you don't have another photo storage place setup, they are gone.

As a long shot, did you do backups of your iPod occasionally? If so it would have the photos up to the last backup. You would have to restore the backup to a new iPod, unless there is a way of opening the backup directly. Under iTunes open preferences and look for the devices tab. It will show the last backup, if it exists.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Did you set up camera upload for Dropbox or Google Drive? iCloud is the default one, so if iCloud doesn't have what you want and you don't have another photo storage place setup, they are gone.

As a long shot, did you do backups of your iPod occasionally? If so it would have the photos up to the last backup. You would have to restore the backup to a new iPod, unless there is a way of opening the backup directly. Under iTunes open preferences and look for the devices tab. It will show the last backup, if it exists.
I remember having access to them somewhere. Maybe the VM I can't access?
[doublepost=1454762610][/doublepost]That's where I think they are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.