Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
On the Forums page, it says "iPod Touch" but touch should not be capitalized, per the Apple Style Guide, their trademarks list, and as seen in documentation

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
Hm. Fascinating. To be quite honest, I don't think I have ever seen it written as anything other than "iPod Touch".
It doesn't make sense to me, but it's not my rules
and yeah Mac mini and iPad mini is the same

Most interesting, iPad Pro is Camel Caps, so maybe someone can't make up their mind

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It doesn't make sense to me, but it's not my rules
and yeah Mac mini and iPad mini is the same

Most interesting, iPad Pro is Camel Caps, so maybe someone can't make up their mind

I think that may have come about because in the early days some people - when thinking of iPods (and the distinctions between the different models and how to express that) had referred to it as the "iTouch" which seems to have driven those who police the purity of Apple products wild. "It is not 'iTouch'," they screamed, "but iPod Touch." And so it has remained, ever since, a debate that is probably somewhat moot these days as the iPod Touch is used - and mentioned - far less frequently.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
I think that may have come about because in the early days some people - when thinking of iPods (and the distinctions between the different models and how to express that) had referred to it as the "iTouch" which seems to have driven those who police the purity of Apple products wild. "It is not 'iTouch'," they screamed, "but iPod Touch." And so it has remained, ever since, a debate that is probably somewhat moot these days as the iPod Touch is used - and mentioned - far less frequently.
Well Camel Caps also just make sense for branded products or product names

Just a thing it also makes you look dumb or like you don't care about grammar when you don't capitalize iPad mini, but you're actually being the most correct

Reactions: sittnick

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well Camel Caps also just make sense for branded products or product names

Just a thing it also makes you look dumb or like you don't care about grammar when you don't capitalize iPad mini, but you're actually being the most correct

Never heard of "Camel Caps", and haven't a notion of what they might be.

Anyway, I have just plugged what I will still insist on calling my iPod Touch into its adaptor to be re-charged.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
Never heard of "Camel Caps", and haven't a notion of what they might be.

Anyway, I have just plugged what I will still insist on calling my iPod Touch into its adaptor to be re-charged.
Camel Case, Not "Camel Caps" As I've Mistakenly Said Is Where You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Camel Case, Not "Camel Caps" As I've Mistakenly Said Is Where You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word

Now that's interesting. In all the years I proofread articles for various professional journals, and despite reading all sorts of style guides, I've never come across this term!

I'll use it with pleasure from now on. :cool:

I also didn't realise that iPod touch is touch and not Touch. Two new facts in one day, I'm on a roll. :p

Reactions: SoN1NjA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.