Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nighty, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Nighty macrumors newbie

Now these questions im about to ask will probably piss alot of you off so sorry :/

Anyway i just got the ipod touch and am confused...
    Ive tried looking up the information on numerous sites but all of them tell me different. I assume this is because they are outdated but w/e.
    Now should i update it or not because right now its v 1.0
    and do i just go to www.jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it and get the apps and im all good because i really dont want to brick this :)
    so all help appreciated

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

If you don't want a brick, the smart thing to do would be to forget about jail-breaking your iPod touch. Come January when 3rd party apps start selling through the iTunes store (and Apple starts raking in 10% for each app sold) there is a (strong) chance that they might push another update down the pipes that will leave you with big problems.

3. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

I didnt think you could brick the touch -- just restore it in itunes if you have issues. I mean I froze mine a couple times (my fault not the jailbreaking methods) and just restored it......

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Yea, crap is just pouring out of his mouth. I heard it was a congenital disorder.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

1) Its ok to update
    2) You can go to www.jailbreakme.com and jailbreak, it WILL NOT BRICK YOUR IPOD!
    3) If you do jailbreak, I advise not to update if iTunes asks, because it will eather brick your iPod or at least get rid of all 3rd party apps, most likley disabling the current jailbreak method as well, so you will have to wait before you can use your apps again.

6. IpodFanatic macrumors newbie

why do so many ppl say brick they made a typo on the site (jailbreakme.com) and since then instead of saying break ppl say brick..am i rite or wrong cuz im so lost:p:p:p

7. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I believe the reference is meant to imply turning your ipod into a completely useless inanimate object, like a brick. Rendering it useless.

8. IpodFanatic macrumors newbie

wow:eek:..now i get it..and for so long i thought it was a typo..lol thx man now im not lost:p:cool:;)