Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shmeargan21, Jun 21, 2008.

1. shmeargan21 macrumors newbie

Alright my old computer broke and i cant get any of my songs from my ipod touch to my new computer. And most people say that you can plug it in, go to itunes and manage music manually. But then when you go to my computer your ipod won't show up cause with the ipod:confused: touch your supossed to just type it in the ipod instead of over the computer. So do any of you guys know how to get my songs from my ipod touch to computer without deleting my songs from my ipod?

2. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

If you are using a Mac then try Senuti

Not sure what you can use on PC, try searching Version Tracker

3. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

Whenever you connect your iPod to the new computer, iTunes should recognize it and ask if you want to sync the iPod with the iTunes library on the computer. Click on the No button, and select the checkbox that will allow you to handle iPod updates manually. After doing that, you can transfer any songs you purchased from your iPod to iTunes using the iTunes program. Other songs, videos, podcasts, etc., can be manually transferred to iTunes using a program like PodWorks. Good luck.

4. shmeargan21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch

No... and I dont have purchased music, I downloaded all my music. But when I plug in my ipod to my PC, you cant enable it for disk use, (because its an ipod touch, and you supossed to just type in the ipod it self.)nso i cant get my music off my computer, cause on all other ipods when you plug them in it will show up as like Shawns ipod in my computer, and you can get your music off of it that way, but means how i have the ipod touch it wont allow me to do that? and ive tried some third party programs but im not gonna pay like 30 bucks for only one time i use it, and the free version only gets you like 5 songs then quits untill you buy the full version?