Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stalflare, Oct 26, 2008.

1. stalflare macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying the Ipod Touch, but since I have a vast library of songs the 32 GB version is a bit small for my needs.

I have checked various sites, there were talks of a 64GB version + GPRS coming up before the event in early september, but both rumours were quite wrong apparently...

No I am unsure on what to do... I am certain that a 64GB version will pop up in the future, at the moment I have the old 80GB one, is there anyone who can give me some advice on what to do?

Thanks

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Ipods are like currency - they are easy to buy and sell (if no where else, then on eBay).

How much music do you need to have with you at any one time? Are there other features of the touch that you just gotta have?

3. stalflare thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Technohound,

Thanks for the reply... Wellactually it's more a matter of not having to edit the songs that I want on the Ipod rather than the possibility of listening to them all! I-touch is lighter, slimmer and much nicer than the standard Ipod, I can use the old Ipod at home on my ipod speakers, and carry the other one when I am on travel, car and so on... But the question remains, I am a bit puzzled on what to do, do you think that apple might update the I-touch before Xmas?

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

An update is unlikely since they just did one in October (it was in October, wasn't it?).

My spouse had the same dilemma, albeit with wanting a smaller form factor and so was looking at the nanos. Ipods really hold their value well so we decided to just go with what was there now, knowing we could get a big chunk of the investment back at resale time. You can think of the difference in price in the touch now vs. when you go to sell it when the 64's are released as "rent" for the temporary touch ;).