iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhodent2013, Jun 12, 2009.

1. rhodent2013 macrumors member

I just got my iPod touch in and I was wondering (my macbook comes in on Monday I am assuming abd I really want to use my ipod; but since you have to connect it to itunes before you can actually use it...) that if I hooked my iPod up to this PC so that I could use it, could I use it with my Macbook? Or will I have to erase everything off of my iPod when it connects to the macbook. I have read where pc ipods work with mac but not vice versa. But I wondered if any of you have had this experience and what was the outcome?

2. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

yup u will have to erase music that u got from ur pc if u want to sync with the itunes on ur mac.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

All iPods will only sync with one computer, regardless of OS.
    There is also only one type of iPod currently. There used to be USB and Firewire versions, but the Firewire died off.

4. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

okay, and even the apps?

5. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Yes even the apps. Unless you download them dirctly to the ipod. I think?

6. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

What if I do not add any songs and I just plug it in so its at the point where I can get on the internet? Will I be able to reconfigure it to Mac when I plug it in my Macbook?

7. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Question about that, too.

How about for a jailbroken iPod Touch? There shouldn't be any need to erase all data except the music/photos/videos, right?

8. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I'm not really sure but I would think anything downloaded directly to the touch would be ok since no computer was involved.

9. MXM macrumors member

I'm in a similar position and my iPod (nano) already has music from my PC. Do I need to remove all music from my PC iTune library, sync with my iPod to erase the existing songs? Thanks

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...there are software that allows you to move your music from your iPod to a computer, search for that.