iPod Touches allowed in jail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xhArRiSoNxD, Nov 10, 2010.

1. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Are iPod touches allowed in jail?
    I know certainly iPhones aren't allowed and I think iPod's are allowed, but I'm not sure. I did some google'ing but all I could find was "JailBreak". Can anyone shed some light on this subject.

Also this is just out of sheer curiosity.

2. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

I would hope they aren't. As as such... if things operate in the northeast like here, no they are not allowed.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Didn't Weezy get in trouble for having an iPod he kept hidden in a bag of chips?

4. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Depends on jail legislation. I was locked up where you could have your own clothes, belt, food and a tv and game system sent in. Inmates could have a box every month with items as long as there wasn't glassware. I saw plastic blenders and all kinds of things. My cellie even had an electric guitar and a laptop. So it just depends. It's up to the warden :) Or state policies if there are any.

My time in Garfield County Jail/Utah went by pretty damn fast though playing Tony Hawk all night!

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I think it really would depend on local rules. Considering the headphone and power cords would make dandy implements of death, as well as the broken glass from the screen, I seriously doubt it in anything beyond jail "daycamps."

6. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Sounds like prison is the place to be! Did you get wifi? ;)

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

We're talking about jail, not prison. Jail really isn't that scary of a place.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Maybe that's why the white iPhone 4 is delayed. Looks too much like a bar of soap.

9. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Hahaha WIN!

10. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

ya but that was at rikers.

11. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Weird, I came across a person sounding JUST like him in the I am T-Pain app.

12. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, so I guess it's just based on area and type of circumstances you are in jail for..

Thank you for help on my question. I think it would be nice to have a 32Gig iPod touch with over a hundred apps and you were in jail. It would be something to do to kill time. Also ou could have a friend buy more apps for you then give it back to you if it were allowed.
    just like a previous person said, If a laptop was allowed I think an iPod touch would certainly be allowed.

Now I wonder about Wifi...

Although I could just simply call a local jail and find this out. I like to converse over the internet and hear more points of view on the subject.

13. pcorrado macrumors regular

Come down to Chicago and take a tour of Cook County Jail and see if you are ready to make a general statement like that . . . I still have nightmares after working there a few times while in law school.

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I would also put a ton of books on there as well (the amount depending on the length of my sentence!).

Hopefully, though, that will be something I'll never have to do!

The threat of no phone, music, computer, or the internet is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. :rolleyes:

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm sorry. Maybe I should rephrase: both the jails I've been to were not that bad. And the one my roommate will be attending this winter is pretty nice. We don't know if he can have an iPod there yet.

Care to tell us about the murder and mayhem you experienced?

16. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

That's actually a good idea. Putting an enormous amount of books on it. But that just really furthered my mind a little. What about bringing an iPad, or even a 3G Kindle?!?!

My mind is blown.

Also I haven't taken into consideration a "celly" or room-mate in jail. He might be a little jealous that he/she has a possible iPad and he/she has nothing.

17. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

You make it sound like your roommate is going on a nice vacation

18. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well it likely won't be as bad as the month I spent in Tijuana.

19. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

well at least your roommate doesn't have to worry about buying food and paying the rent anymore