iPod Transfer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by CalBoy, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

So a little background first...
    I have my old iPod that was formatted using my PC. A lot of my songs were from CD's and such, so I don't really have any iTunes downloads. Well, one day my harddrive crashes, and I stupidly had not backed up the songs. Since I put in my new harddrive, I have not been able to figure out how to transfer the songs on my iPod into my iTunes library.
    Question 1: Is there any way to get my songs into iTunes without going through the pains of reloading each CD?
    Question 2: I have a new iPod that I got with my mbp. Should I format this one to be Mac only, or PC and Mac? If so, is there a way to do this in OS X?
    Thanks for the help!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Use Senuti to get the tracks back onto your MacBook Pro. You'll need to use a PC to format it for PC. You can't do it from a Mac. Of course, you can format it for Mac on the Mac though. :p

3. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

So I use Senturi on my PC, then backup the songs and then put them on my mbp? Or do I use Senturi on my mbp and use "PC format?"

Thanks for the name of the program. It made my day.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No worries mate. Senuti runs from the Mac. It'll work on either a Mac or PC formatted iPod. :)

5. pavvento macrumors 6502

I have a MBP unfortunately it's my uncle who needs some transferring and he's got a PC, any reccomendations?

6. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

Assuming that Senuti won't work on his PC, just do it on your mbp. It worked like a charm for me. Thanks again mad jew!

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

On a PC, enable the viewing of hidden items in Explorer and manually drag the songs out. Unfortunately Senuti won't work directly on the PC, although as the wise ol' CalBoy said, you could do it via your own Mac. :eek:

No worries mate. :)