Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Not cygwin? I got a windows version awhile ago (cygwin I think), and I've been using it to tag my videos for a while. What's different in this one from the cygwin version?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
wwooden said:
The lasted iTunes update gives you the option of tagging the movies of TV Shows now, seems a lot easier to me.

Yeah but you can't tell it what Series or episode number it is. They just all end up jumbled together. I use Lostify and it works really well.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
wwooden said:
The lasted iTunes update gives you the option of tagging the movies of TV Shows now, seems a lot easier to me.

Plus that doesn't carry over to the iPod...it only tells iTunes to show it as a TV Show, and doesn't actually modify the meta-data of the file, as Lostify or other AtomicParsley-using apps do.

anushka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
ToastMaster said:
Not cygwin? I got a windows version awhile ago (cygwin I think), and I've been using it to tag my videos for a while. What's different in this one from the cygwin version?

guess its faster and you dont need to install cygwin.

Avoid

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2006
You don't have to install Cygwin to use Atomic Parsley with it. all you need is cygwin1.dll and cygiconv-2.dll from the cygwin package. just put them in the same directory as atomicparsley.exe and it works fine. The cygwin version is more current than the win32 port because a seperate developer does the win32.
I wrote a pretty simple .net gui for Atomic parsley if anyone's interested I put it up along with the VS 2005 source code at http://www.abstractvoid.com. Its just something that I threw together quickly for my own use but everyone's welcome to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.