iPod update 1.1

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Killyp, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Just got it for my nano, is it also out for the Classics?

'bug fixes' and compatibility with iTunes Movie Rentals....

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Crap i installed before seeing this thread, I'm having the hissing/squealing :mad:

It doesn't seem to be coming through when the iPod is on or playing music but it's still really annoying.

4. romago macrumors newbie

I've also noticed that the little random photo slideshow that used to play when you select photos in the menu (just the background images on the right side of the screen) no longer play with this update -- just a plain gray background now. fixing bugs while introducing new ones.... you'd think apple would be better at this by now.

5. Metrics macrumors newbie

Apple Component + Universal Dock + Firmware 1.1 = Audio Failure?

I don't know if it has something to do with the new firmware, but it seems that this problem only occured after I updated to fimware 1.1 . Maybe someone can tell me if he/she has experienced the same problem?

I often use my iPod in the Apple universal dock connected to my HDTV Flatscreen with Apple's official component cable (it's plugged in to the dock at the wide serial bus). So far I was very happy with that solution.

Today (After I updated the firmware) I noticed that the sound quality is bad, really bad on the tv. I can put the volume on the iPod to about 80% and hear nothing. Going higher you hear a sudden screechy sound of the music (or whatever) played. I tried the audio output (red and white) of the component cable on a different stereo - same thing there. When I try the dock's headphone's audio output, that works fine.

Funnywise, when I connect the component cable directly to the iPod, then the audio channels are fine (but I cannot adjust the volume with my iPod anymore - don't know if thats' normal).

Anybody with a component cable having the same problem?

6. jjm3 macrumors member

jjm3

just got it on my 80GB Classic as well

...all seems to be working fine so far... slideshow still in place beside the menu screens, sound quality unchanged...

7. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Got the update for my new Nano and all is well, menus are crisp and side shows are all spot on...

8. angelodmhl macrumors member

iPod Classic 80, used to work fine, until it froze. I restarted it, and then static.

9. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

10. talz13 macrumors newbie

I had hissing on my 80gb classic with the 1.0.3 firmware when the unit turns off, so I guess I'll see if I still have it or not with the 1.1 update...

11. samwise666 macrumors newbie

Is it only me,....... since i got the update some album covers in coverflow dont come up, they are just black, the covers still come up in itunes but not on my 80gb classic.:confused:

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I still have the little slideshow on the right when I select photos from the menu under 1.1

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Just you. Mine all appear perfectly in cover flow.

14. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

This update blows - I can't sync my purchased tunes. Keep getting the message that I'm not authorized to put them on my iPod. More torture.

15. Old School Punk macrumors newbie

Where can i download older firmware, not 1.1, because after upgrading my friends Nano 3G to 1.1, it doesn't show photos.