Ipod update and Features being pulled soon free??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macfan881, Jan 16, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think they will make it free, or if they do then they will probably give the few people who already bought gift certificates to the iTunes store.

3. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I don't understand how you got that out of that.

4. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Thats fine I paid $20 and don't mind but if they refunded my $20 I would be of course extremely pleased and would probably turn around and spend that money on their new rental service.

5. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

Yeah how did u get that out of that? I actually thought apple was gonna do the right thing.

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Ok, I highly doubt they are slowly pulling the update. They wouldn't announce it at Macworld 2008 as one of their four main featurettes for this year and then 'secretively' pull it a day later, without a word.

And even if they are taking that shokckingly disturbing step to remove the update for download (luckily i've already paid and downloaded it last night) - I highly doubt Apple will compensate anyone (Gee, I'm not expecting it). If they did, after the iPhone early adopters recieving $100 store credit, people would start viewing Apple as a charity case, and start exploiting that. Something of which Apple doesn't have on their road map.

No, the update is staying. Whether/how long it stays at that $20 price tag is another matter, but it's not being pulled. It's generating collosal revenue for Apple worldwide, with millions of iPod touch owners,

Why in the world would they pull it? - If you all believe they are making it free, your going to be disappointed.

R-Fly

7. bladednuisance macrumors newbie

where do you get this idea from, the article says nothing to that effect anywhere!

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well, the update is gone...most likely because it DOSENT WORK

but i dont think they will make it free

9. pab277 macrumors regular

i doubt they would pull the price so early. It cant just be 'one day we will charge, the next we wont'...but then again thats what happened to the iphone cost.

sure, they probably received floods of angry emails but it doesn't mean they will just automatically say ' okay, okay,we give up, here ya go, their free'

if a price change were to occur, then the apps would still cost money, just not as much.

10. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Maybe its because the servers are down, or maybe its because they've had too many errors with them, and are repairing them? Or maybe Steve Jobs just felt like screwing with your minds?

My guess, is that its the third one.:apple:

11. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Worked for me. Not that I was happy about paying the cost, but the apps are needed.

12. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

if Apple will pull it down for free, they will give me refund just like what they did for iphone. then I can purchase more songs or movies.