Ipod Updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tompon1923, Jun 30, 2008.

1. tompon1923 macrumors 6502

tompon1923

With Engadget posted this article: http://tinyurl.com/4vn3al. What do you guys think about the new ipod touch, any ideas? Well I do, little weird one but still,
    remember spotting Phil Schiller with his iphone (he was showing of MobileMe perhaps it was some kind of other device with an iphone skin btw) showing some kind of "capturing device"? (in the keynote @ 1:18:28). I hope (and think) apple is making some kind of communication device, counter acting on the Iphone's ability to call.

And not to forget the nano! what about it? Will it feature a multitouch clickwheel?, even thinner, bigger screen, more memory, oled perhaps? It would be perfect if apple created a nano that look similar to the ipod touch
    only smaller and also with wifi capabilities.

still it is an "analyst" saying this stuff on the right moment.

2. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I think that Apple will eventually fade out the Classic, and the Nano will undergoe major changes. I think that once iPod Touch capacity gets up there, in a few years, there will be three iPod lines. Also, the GB versions I put by the names are the models I envision existing in approximately 3 years.

1. iPod Shuffle (4GB, 8GB) - Pretty much what it is today, maybe a slight redesign with extra storage.

2. iPod Nano (16GB, 32GB) - Will be like an "iPod Touch Nano." Will have the same features, minus things such as the App Store, Wi-Fi Capabilities, etc. I just don't see Apple offering these things on the Nano, as it would cut too much into sales of the regular iPod. Besides, using the Internet on the Touch's 3.5 inch screen is a little difficult, I just don't see it happening on such a small screen. So basically the iPod Touch minus anything Wi-Fi related, and with a smaller screen.

3. iPod (64GB, 128GB) - This will be the Touch, but since the Classic will no longer be made, it will just be called iPod. I don't think the Classic will be phased out until the Touch is capable of at least 80 GB of storage, which may be a few years from now. But once it does, there will be no reason to have the Classic anymore, as the iPod Touch will offer the same features as the Classic, plus a lot more.

3. 26am1 macrumors newbie

i just hope they update the touch to 64 and 128gb

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

As is proven with the Touch, wifi can be useful for far more than web browsing. Putting wifi in a nano, then making the whole thing a touchscreen, would outclass all the competition. If there isn't enough resolution for Safari, it can still have an email client, weather, Youtube video access, Stocks, and so one. Don't forget bluetooth of course.

I'd like my Touch more if it had bluetooth. Sneak in an FM radio (wifi is useless when the power is out). Make the whole thing lighter, but don't change the outside dimensions. This leaves all the existing cases, dock adapters, etc., still fitting the new Touch.

5. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

I hope that they upgrade the three touch configurations to: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB. But, that most likely won't happen for a few years.

6. tompon1923 thread starter macrumors 6502

tompon1923

the ipod nano is around for 3 years or something? 3 years is usually the ultimate refresh time, or throw away time (what ever you want to call it).
    64 and 128 gig flash drives are very in expensive though. I would be satisfied with a hdd too.