iPod used to win Professional Soccer game.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iphones4evry1, Mar 3, 2009.

1. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Yahoo Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-englandipod&prov=reuters&type=lgns

LONDON, March 2 (Reuters) - The English FA will take no action against Manchester United or goalkeeper Ben Foster for using an iPod during Sunday’s League Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur, it said on Monday.

Foster watched videos of Spurs players taking penalties on an iPod and then saved from Jamie O’Hara as United lifted the cup after winning the penalty shootout 4-1 following their goalless draw at Wembley Stadium.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has resisted the use of any form of video technology, especially to determine if the ball has crossed the goalline, for many years. But the idea of using an iPod as a tactical aid is new and not against the laws of the game.

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

3. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm not a soccer fan, but how is this any different from a team in the US watching film before a big game? It would seem that anyone who taped a game at home (these are televised, right?) could do the same thing. I fail to see how anything could possibly be wrong here or why it would even be against the rules to begin with.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I don't know anything about him but the fact that he used an iPod to help win the game is AWESOME.