Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Private Dirt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
Is there an app or is it possible to have a visualizer that goes to the music when the iphone is in landscape.

I sit my iphone in a cradle on my desk at work and it stays plugged in allday and it would be cool if I had a visualizer dancing on the screen while jammin out.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
My friend said he had one... don't know if it was landscape though.

I found this one...

Music Visualizer

ETA: Nevermind, that one only works for surrounding sounds (since Devs don't have access to Music.) I'd say wait until 3.0 app comes out (Devs wil have access) or see if there's a jailbroken app that does.

zachplaysguitar

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
This will definitely happen with a third party app with 3.0. Forstall said that the new SDK allows apps to access the music library. This was the block on something like this before.

taylordevstudio

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
Iphone dev working on a visualizer

hey guys, I am new to this forum and to iphone development, but like you I desperatly want a visualizer for the iphone. Seeing as 3.0 is coming i decide to make one myself. I was wondering if you guys had any input into what you want out of the visualizer, and if you guys had any visualizers for other things that you like, so I can study them. '

Thanks

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
hey guys, I am new to this forum and to iphone development, but like you I desperatly want a visualizer for the iphone. Seeing as 3.0 is coming i decide to make one myself. I was wondering if you guys had any input into what you want out of the visualizer, and if you guys had any visualizers for other things that you like, so I can study them. '

Thanks

Maybe check on the visializer in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.