Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i_m_chu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I just recenetly purchased a new Ipod Nano. It comes with a set of default ipod earphones.

One day, while rushing to work, I had my Ipod drop out of my jacket as I ran for the bus. I was listening to music during that time, so basically the ipod disconnected itself from the earphones and dropped to the ground (about 2-3ft) while the earphones were still in my ears. The ipod was contained in a small cellphone bag. I quickly picked it back up, reconnected the earphones, and continued to the bus.

As I was listening to the music, I realize that the left earphone is playing a louder sound than my right earphone. When I turned up the volume, I realized that the left earphone was playing stero, but my right earphones are acutally playing in mono.

Did the drop cause this ipod malfuction? or could it be that the earphones got ruined because it was ripped off from the ipod during the drop?

*note* I have also done a music volume fix (???) in the itune the night before, could that have caused this problem?

I hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.