iPod iPod Warranty

wimic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
calgary, alberta
I just bought 5G 60 gig iPod video (yesterday). when i got to the checkout, the clerk (at futureshop) offered me an extended warranty:

2 years for 74.99 CAD
3 years for 99.99 CAD

i opted for the three year since my 4G 20 gigger just crapped out on me a few weeks back (only a month after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty expired might i add).

what's your take on the extra warranty?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
wimic said:
I just bought 5G 60 gig iPod video (yesterday). when i got to the checkout, the clerk (at futureshop) offered me an extended warranty:

2 years for 74.99 CAD
3 years for 99.99 CAD

i opted for the three year since my 4G 20 gigger just crapped out on me a few weeks back (only a month after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty expired might i add).

what's your take on the extra warranty?
It depends - do you honestly see yourself with the same iPod in 2009/2010? Or will you want to upgrade before then...?

It certainly does help its resell value, though, if you do decide to upgrade...:)

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
In three years if you have the Futureshop warranty, they will likely give you a newer iPod, and then you can sometimes get a new warranty on that.

My friend just traded a 3g iPod in for a 5G as his two year warranty from Futureshop was almost up.

AND they let him buy a new warranty.

Pretty sweet huh?

wimic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
calgary, alberta
Sharewaredemon said:
In three years if you have the Futureshop warranty, they will likely give you a newer iPod, and then you can sometimes get a new warranty on that.

My friend just traded a 3g iPod in for a 5G as his two year warranty from Futureshop was almost up.

AND they let him buy a new warranty.

Pretty sweet huh?

well in that case... i definitely made the right decision! :)