Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
When I try to scroll down to choose songs and stuff, it sometimes won't let me scroll down and acts glitchy. I have to use lock it for a few seconds, and unlock it to temperally make it work.

This happens for some reason when I use it as a backup drive on my computer.

Anyways, what can I do to fix this without restoring the ipod (which even if I did do that, it will start doing it again). Ex. Some scanning program that is possible to have a scan option for ipods.

Anything would be great. Thanks.

triobot

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2007
Milton Keynes
my wheel does that randomly... Go to Diagnostics mode... and go to wheel or what ever it is and see what's up with it !!!

Hmmm might just get a new front panel...

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
So are you saying you restored it already and the problem returned? Does the problem seem to be related to how hot the iPod is?

No. I did restore it once from windows to mac, but I know if I do restore it. It will eventually do it again. Mine does get hot, but not burning hot, just warm.

my wheel does that randomly... Go to Diagnostics mode... and go to wheel or what ever it is and see what's up with it !!!

Hmmm might just get a new front panel...

what do you mean by diagnostics mode? Like using disk utility?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
No. I did restore it once from windows to mac, but I know if I do restore it. It will eventually do it again. Mine does get hot, but not burning hot, just warm.

I'm not trying to be precocious (it comes naturally), but how do you know the problem will return? Also, if it's just warm then it's probably not heat related. At least we can rule that out. :)

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
Good news. I used disk utility's scanning program and did repair disk and now it works fine without having to do anything.

Although if anyone finds some program or somedthing for the future, let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.