Ipod will not turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joshua0344, Jan 4, 2011.

1. joshua0344 macrumors newbie

I have a 8 gb ipod touch, after it dying from no charge, i plugged it into my computer to charge using the usb charging cord. When i tried to turn it on, it had a picture on the front of my ipod that i havnt seen before, it has a black screen, towards the top it has a picture of the itunes symbol ( the disk with a picture note on top of it) and below it has a picture of a usb cord straight below it, and a small battery symbol on the top right (fully charged)????i have had this ipod touch for 2 years now and have never seen this before....i have no idea whats going on. i tried to turn it off, un plug it and no luck. can someone please help. I am not at my home computer so can't sync it. The location where i plugged it up, i have used many times and i have had no problem....please help..

Thanks..

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Okay, silly question, but..has it died from the battery being completely drained before?

I'm asking because I know mine has several times before, and I know that when it's plugged in after being completely dead, a screen different from the normal charging screen appears..I haven't seen it in a bit though, so I don't know if I remember correctly what it looks like, if it's the same one you're seeing now..

Anyways, back to my question..has it died from battery being completely drained before, or is this the first time?

3. joshua0344 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ipod touch not turning on

No this isn't the first time...now, it has a full battery icon on the top left, and again with a black screen the only other items on the screen now besides the battery icon is the itunes symbol, and directly below it, it has a white usb cord, with the inlet part right beneath the itunes symbol with the white cord going down to the bottom of my ipod. I know it sounds wierd, but it is, i have never seen this before, i can't describe it any better than what i just did....Now it wont do anything else , i can turn it off, but when i turn it back on the pictures appear again.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Is it being recognized by your computer? If so, maybe opening iTunes and restoring the iPod will help?

5. joshua0344 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ipod touch will not turn on, picture stuck on the screen-see attachment

I quickly did up a picture of what my ipod looks like on the screen. Please excuse the graphics...Please see atachment.

Thanks for your help

6. velasco581 macrumors newbie

Sorry, can't see the picture or the link.

If it looks like this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275

That's the connect to iTunes and/or restore icon.

Try updating to the latest software or at least restoring it.

Hope this helps

Sal