Ipod Wont Charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ledzeppelin987, Feb 3, 2008.

1. ledzeppelin987 macrumors newbie

My touch wont charge. it just has the little lightning sign and above it is a pic of an empty battery with a little red at the end. no matter how long i keep it plugged into my computer it wont charge. when i unplug it, it just turns off and when its in it just stays at this screen. i can not go to the home screen or anything. ive tried plugging it into my macbook and my pc. both wont work.

thanks for any help

HERES A PIC OF THE SCREEN ITS STUCK AT:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

3. ledzeppelin987 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help.
    thers no apple store close to me so i cant rly do that

4. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

The manual says

"If iPod touch is very low on power, it may display one of the following
    images indicating that iPod touch needs to charge for up to ten minutes before you can use it."

The image it shows is the one in your pic. How long have you actually left it plugged in for?

Also - make sure you're using a high powered USB port - for example, don't use one on your keyboard or monitor as these sometimes don't provide enough power.

As your battery appears totally flat, a low powered USB port may just not be able to start it charging properly.

Good luck!

Rod.

5. ledzeppelin987 thread starter macrumors newbie

i left it in over night with the computer on. (not asleep or on standby) and i woke up and it still was not charged any. i have tried the usb port on my mac and my PC on and they both did not do anything

6. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

You need to speak with Apple, then. If it's not charging at all then you have a defective unit which Apple should be able to change for you.

Rod.

7. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

You may have a bad connecting cord. Have you used that cord to connect to iTunes before it went dead?

You could also try an in-the-wall power transformer.

8. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

You must try a wall charger. iPods actually "react" differently to wall chargers than USB cables. I have no idea why but if you let it sit long enough and do a soft reset, it will work.

Then I suggest using either USB or wall.