Ipod won't come on after 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HeavenlyYeti, Jul 12, 2008.

1. HeavenlyYeti macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

I have 2.0 on my iPod. I synced everything back on. But when I disconnect it, I can only see the screen showing the USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo, as if it hasn't synced yet. Help!

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Reinstall itunes
    Restart Computer

Replug in touch

3. HeavenlyYeti thread starter macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

sgtboy: are you serious?

Man, this 2.0 better be good, cause I've gone thorugh a lot of crap today...

4. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I can't guarantee that'll work but give a shot!

Mac or PC?

5. sgtboy macrumors 6502

If a PC,

when you go to add/remove programs, take off itunes, bonjour, applemobiledevicesupport and ipodservice

6. HeavenlyYeti thread starter macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

Wait, if I uninstall itunes and reinstall, doesn't that mean I lose all my music? And I would have to reeneter all my information??

7. HeavenlyYeti thread starter macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

people, HELP ME!!

seriosuly, I don't know what to do; I'm basically in tears about this. Please?

8. David G. macrumors 6502a

There is no way I would reinstall iTunes before restoring the ipod. Try doing that before even considering the other way.

9. sgtboy macrumors 6502

you WILL NOT lose your music. I 100% guarantee you this

10. 184550 Guest

I can also attest that you will not lose your music, it's in a seperate folder, called Music (or similar) which will not be touched when deleting and reinstalling iTunes.
    Though depending on which error message you are getting, proably will not do anything to help your problem. I have recieved an error 6 message six times in a row and finally called Apple. I was on the phone with Apple for 3+ hours tonight and they have no idea what is wrong with mine. I got kicked up to the third tier of tech support and they are suppose to call by Wednesday with an update of my problem.
    So if that doesn't fix your problem by reinstalling, then I would call. Good Luck.