Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhuzinec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Hey all, just wanted to see if anybody can help me with my iPod touch? Here is what happened to it? On the way to a camping trip, I listened to it just fine. Then I turned it off, and put it in the glove box. When i took it out 2 days later, the fully charged battery was dead, and it only turned on for a second before kicking off. When I got home I plugged it into the computer and the battery charging screen came on.I let it charge for a couple of hours then checked it, and it has NO charge. I can not get the computer to recognize that it is even plugged in! I tried opening iTunes, but it wont recognize it. I even tried connecting it to caliber, and still nothing. I've left it plugged in for days...and nothing. I have tried using a different charging cord, and even tried charging it on a different computer (just in case it was my usb ports that were bad) At this point it is just a paper weight. Any ideas on anything I can try before i blow money i cant really afford to spend right now on a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

mhuzinec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Any ideas folks? 182 reads and not one reply? Going nuts here without my ipod? Please help.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
You left it in the glove box? Meaning in your car? Bad idea, my friend. It probably overheated sitting in your car for 2 days.

mhuzinec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Does anybody thing that buying and trying a wall charger might be worth it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.