Ipod wont restore with ITUNES!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Kevinnijjar23, May 11, 2009.

1. Kevinnijjar23 macrumors member

Ok so im using the QuikFree program to jailbreak my friends 2nd gen touch the program told me to restore the ipod in itunes i downloaded the software from itunes and once it was done i hit restore now its saying to me itunes cant restore itouch check if newest itunes is downloaded and i did that

Someone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

You may have to put it in DFU mode to force a restore instructions can be found with a google search (cant remeber now!)

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

dfu mode:

make sure your iPod is plugged in to pc/mac before starting.

your iPod should turn on then once it is on, hold down the home and power buttons till the display goes blank and let go of buttons.

wait a couple seconds and hold the home and power buttons down for 10 seconds.

when you get to 10 let go of the power button only and keep holding the home button.

depending on your system windows can take upto 30 seconds for iTunes to detect it and macs are 10 seconds.

eventually iTunes will pop up saying it's detected an iPod in recovery mode, click ok and then restore ;)

4. trojan1919 macrumors newbie

Need help with restoring ipod touch

I recently updated my ipod touch first generation with the 3.0 version and once i did my ipod keeps freezing and will not restore. I have tried the DFU mode and restoring it to factory settings but once i plug it into itunes and restore it, it puts all the music back on but the itouch freezes on the screen with the apple logo and the bar underneath. it will get about a quarter of the way and then freeze and will stay this way for hours.

what should i do now?