iPod won't select anything!! :mad: HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by christaktak, Aug 11, 2011.

1. christaktak, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

christaktak macrumors newbie

Today, my iPod Touch 4G 64GB wont select anything. When you touch something on a screen, a box appears around it. When I log in, and it takes me to the keyboard for my password, when I click a letter, a box appears around it. I have tried restarting it a million times but nothing happens. And when it actually occurred I was on the app homepage and I was unable to select apps as a box would just appear around them. Although, to slide the "Power off" of "Slide to Unlock" you can, but its very slow and unresponsive. It registers my taps, but all that comes is a small grey line box around the item I selected.



You can see in the attached photo, there are small grey outlines along "G" letter, the text box, and the "Shift" Button.

Please help, my iPod has valuable info!! I need this fixed!!

2. irishtike macrumors member

Have you tried restoring in iTunes? Backing it up and plugging it in might be te only way to get it to work.

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Correct. Try restoring it then set it up as new.

4. christaktak thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried connecting it, but not resetting it, because I thought I could still get it to work by touching it. Turns out, If you tapped twice fast on a button, it would come up, and when I finally entered my password (as double tapping wasn't always the situation) I found out it was "Voiceover" which was causing this problem.

For some reason, when I turned VoiceOver off, it went back to normal.

Never had this issue before, and have no idea why it occurred, but I hope Apple fix it.

5. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Just restore it already, it could fix it. It could very well be a software issue.

You're telling us to help you, and we did, but then you go and say "oh, I hope Apple fixes it".