iPod won't sync after iTunes 8.0.1 update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SnowLeopard2008, Oct 2, 2008.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My iPod touch won't sync after I updated iTunes 8.0.1. It just displays the error message below. But I can install new apps, add music, and then it will display that error.

Attached Files:

2. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

This problem is being discussed in the dedicated thread. Try unplugging and then plugging it back in. Some had to do it a few times.

3. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

sorry, i just found that thread. i was panicing so yea... anyway a reboot also helps. i rebooted my macbook and reconnected. worked liek a charm

4. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

no problem I love this forum but it is hard sometimes because of all the catergories.

5. jrok18 macrumors regular

I still cant sync my touch to itunes 8 . Its been a month now and nothing has work. MY new 2g is collecting dust .

6. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Can someone give me a link to the thread in question? Thanks.

Oh, and by the way, it still syncs, it just gives you an error message when it's done.

7. jrok18 macrumors regular

Wow i just found out they released a itunes 8.0.1 so im crossing my fingers that it will sync after its done installing. But i doubt it

8. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

9. jrok18 macrumors regular

Well just tried to sync with the new itunes 8.0.1 and nothing effing work still get the same G*d*amn message. Bout to thow my whole effing computer out the mother effin door. Eff apple they can suck on my nutz. O sorry im having a bad day i just found out my car was stolen. But still apple u ****ed my itunes up.

10. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just reboot your computer. That solves the problem for 99% of the people who encountered this problem thus far.

11. jrok18 macrumors regular

How do u reboot a computer? If u mean restart then i did that a thousand times. IF u mean turn it off i did that a thousand times. But if rebooting is a completely different process then let me know.

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You must be a REAL noob to computers if you've never heard of rebooting. Yes, it's a restart. A warm boot is a restart and a cold boot is starting up the computer from a shut down state.

13. jrok18 macrumors regular

So which one should i do? The warm or cold boot? BTW i uninstall itunes .

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

There's really no difference. A reboot just saves you from having to shut the computer down especially if you are doing software installs and want to get right back to the desktop. When you reboot the computer it shuts down processes that are using up needed memory and kinda refreshes the computer. This is why a reboot is necessary as a problem solver when you are having issues.
    I don't know what method you used to remove iTunes but it might be better for you to use App Zapper or App Delete to get rid of all of the iTunes preferences. After that then you can reinstall iTunes from Apple's website.
    Here's a link to App Zapper. If you've already emptied the Trash then you will need to reinstall iTunes and then remove it again with App Zapper.
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28764

15. jrok18 macrumors regular

will I lose anything from my library?

16. shadowwolfe macrumors newbie

i have a problem once i downloaded the new itunes it asked me to updat my ipod video, when i did it erased all my music effin bad but ok fine. now the ipod won't come up in itunes not only that but itunes freezes every time i connect my ipod. once i disconnect the ipod itunes is fine i have rebooted, re-installed ipod drivers i even removed the new itunes and installed an older version same thing what do i do thank you.