iPod won't sync after Jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antimatter, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

I know this has been asked before on here, and I read that you change it during they jailbreak process, but I did the one touch jailbreak for windows hack (revision 5) and it never said anything about iTunes and syncing. The Jailbreak and everything went perfect, and I have all of the iPhone apps as well. But.
    I tried to sync with iTunes and it has an alert that says, "The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again."

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. add macrumors newbie

I think I read somewhere that you have to put iTunesMobileDevice.dll back into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin. Hope this helps. :)

3. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, Thanks for the quick reply, but now it won't even let me into WinSCP. I used my IP address and root/alpine but it is giving me the error, "Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?"

What now?

EDIT: Do I need to exit out of system processes for this to work? I just noticed a new one, AppleMobileDevice is running. Should I stop that? Thanks.

4. jeremiah215 macrumors newbie

Hey turn of your internet connection and go back on itunes then try to sync it, it should work like a charm

5. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I would run "...run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again."

6. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I would propose not jailbreaking it again once it's brought back to factory settings.

7. MackenzieRH macrumors newbie

Found Out!

i've found out how i can help u, it happened to me aswell.

where it says ipod touchon the left bar on itunes click on it and it should come up with back up with ...........'s ipod (your old) or new ipod.
    choose either one and wait :):apple: