Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
What do you guys think of the new iPodHacks.com logo? Designed by the same lad who did our MacRumors.com logo. In the spirit of the "Picasso" Mac logo from its early days (seen on a t-shirt here).

blakespot

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Nice job, I really like it.

Is the banner part of the logo? I think some of the 'code' undernieth the verbage gets in the way, making it look a little cluttered, hard to read. This part mostly 'Your source for the latest...'

Other than that, great.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
re: new ipodhacks logo

it's nice...remiscent of the old style Apple logo on startup before OS 8.

I think the code in the background looks cool...but does it really belong? The iPod is an mp3 player (soon to become much...much more I'm sure!). ;)

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
The code underneath is actual ARM 7TDMI RISC CPU assembly code. That's the CPU in the iPod. If someone were to actually hack the iPod as far as modifying its onboard driver, perhaps attempting to enable MP3 encoding, etc. they would very possibly need to lay a little ARM7 assembly down. Thats' where that comes from (it was not easy to find a codelist for this specific processor!). I could easily fade the code more to white (it was lighter in a previous iteration of the logo).

I'm considering simplifying it overall though. Will have to think about it. I plan to offer iPodHacks mugs / t-shirts so the logo is becoming rather important.

I am extremely pleased with the iPod image in the style of the old Mac logo.

bp

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Ahh yes... Apple's Picasso styling... very cool! It's a trip to see such a new Apple product drawn in such an old school way. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.