ipods: Classic or Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazloe, Sep 30, 2008.

1. dazloe macrumors member

Greetings to all, I have a question to concern thee. (excuse my weird and whacky english)
    I'm in a pickle between buying an ipod touch or a classic. I've realised that I'm ok with not having the HD space of the classic, but does the classic have a big enough screen to watch movies?

I would be watching as much as I would be listening which is why I'm drawn to the touch because the screen is so nice! but if the classic had a screen that was decent enough to watch movies then I would probably buy a classic, thanks for the help in advance :)

2. thebrain74 macrumors regular

IMO watching movies on the classic is not fun ( I had a fifth gen). Maybe an (one only) episode of tv, thats about it.

Whereas the ipod touch is a pretty legitimate video player. In terms of movies, the two simply do not compare.

Plus if you're in a wi-fi area the touch has amazing abilities beyond the classic.
    Really for the first time since its inception the HDD ipod is taking a backseat at Apple, the once toyish nano is getting more attention and better upgrades than the classic.

also the 32 gig ipod touch can hold a nice subset of your collection