iPods Not Syncing With Mojave and iTunes 12.9

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by djeeyore25, Jul 22, 2018.

1. djeeyore25 macrumors 6502

djeeyore25

Is anyone having issues syncing iPods with the latest Mojave update? Both my iPod Classic and iPod Nano connect, then immediately disconnect without syncing or being listed on iTunes (version 12.9). My iPads and iPhone connect just fine. My Classic and Nano will connect normally on a computer running High Sierra and iTunes 12.8. I've tried different cables, USB ports, etc.

2. kipwheeler macrumors regular

kipwheeler

I'm having the same problem. It's not a cable issue for me, the "sync" option is entirely grayed out where I can't select it to update my iPod.

3. djeeyore25 thread starter macrumors 6502

djeeyore25

That's odd. My iPod syncing issues went away with the next update to Mojave and have been working fine since. If I see any solutions to your syncing issues I'll post them.

4. kipwheeler macrumors regular

kipwheeler

Thank you.

5. woodenbrain macrumors member

Can anyone confirm that iPod Classics will sync with iTunes 12.8+? Specifically with iTunes 12.8, 12.9, and on HS and/or Mojave would be helpful. Thanks.

6. djeeyore25 thread starter macrumors 6502

djeeyore25

I don't have any issues syncing my iPod Classic with Mojave and iTunes 12.9. It's a little slow, but that has more to do with the Classic than iTunes.