Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aero26

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
As above. Synced with a time that was 5 hours ahead. I've tried to go Settings-General-Time & Date, the time will change and revert back to the bad time within the minute. An automatic iTunes sync yields no results. World Clock is also thrown off so instead of using a New York clock to get true eastern time, I'm using one 5 hours behind in Anchorage. If I go into Facebook, updates made seconds ago will show as being posted 5 hours ago. And etc. Never had this problem on 3.12 or 4.0.

Any fixes? The problem isn't widespread and as such, theres no widespread solution.

Similar reports recently:
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310726

http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-touch/262702-ipod-date-incorrect-after-restart.html

X2:M4c

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2009
I believe you need to restore your device by going into iTunes. That should fix the problem.

He is correct. I had the same problem on 2nd gen iPT once I upgraded to iOS 4. Back up your device, restore to factory settings, then restore from backup.

uunio

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
Restore to fix the clock?!

I love you geeks just as much as the next person who runs into a problem they can't systematically fix themselves, but a complete restore to fix the clock would take me at least two hours, not to mention it's a brand new computer and iTunes 10 likes to freeze up as soon as I click the apps tab. If anyone has a different kind of work around, because I really dont' want to have to restore, rejailbreak 4.0 on my 2nd gen 32 gig ipod touch using itunes 10, I would probably pay you real live cash.

Thanks.

jonathan mcelroy
boy @ woh . rr . com

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
I love you geeks just as much as the next person who runs into a problem they can't systematically fix themselves, but a complete restore to fix the clock would take me at least two hours, not to mention it's a brand new computer and iTunes 10 likes to freeze up as soon as I click the apps tab. If anyone has a different kind of work around, because I really dont' want to have to restore, rejailbreak 4.0 on my 2nd gen 32 gig ipod touch using itunes 10, I would probably pay you real live cash.

Thanks.

jonathan mcelroy
boy @ woh . rr . com

Well, jailbreaking can now be done in two minutes by visiting a website, so it's not hard to jailbreak an iPod-- if you have iOS4.0 and below that is. However, you can restore your iPod when you go to sleep and just wake up a little early to check if it's fully restored. ;)

uunio

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
Well, jailbreaking can now be done in two minutes by visiting a website, so it's not hard to jailbreak an iPod-- if you have iOS4.0 and below that is. However, you can restore your iPod when you go to sleep and just wake up a little early to check if it's fully restored. ;)

Yes thatwould be wonderful but alas that won't work for me either. Lets say for example, some of the saved game data that's spread out over my snes, nes, genesis and 64 along with all the native games origially downloaded from itunes, contain secret government documents that can't risk being destroyed through a wipe, restore or refresh.

Just hypothetically speaking.

Aero26

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010

Thanks.

jonathan mcelroy
boy @ woh . rr . com

You took the words out of my mouth. *sigh* I'm about to restore now. I knew it would be the likely fix...I just didn't feel like putting myself through it if there was even a chance of an alternative.

Backup-Download 315MB iOS4 Firmware-Restore-Sync Music-Jailbreak-Sync Apps- Redownload Jailbreak Tweaks- = waste of 2 hours :(

Edit: Error 3194. Apparently Apple is no longer allowing restores to 4.0 after 4.01's release. *sigh*. Guess I'll have to sit tight for SHAtter. Then again, If it's tethered, I'll have to sit tight with my 5 hours fast time...'cause I really can't go back to the awful Blackra1n days of tether.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.