ipodtouch 2g Big problem for me !!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mac-Millionz, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Mac-Millionz macrumors newbie

whats up everybody ...i sent my ipod touch 2g in to be fixed to apple support.. my problem is when my ipod is on the power off slider keeps popin up for no reason ... ive reinstalled updated everything all my software is up to date 2.2 firmware all of that ...reinstalled itunes ...when the auto lock come on the ipod touch starts goin nuts .blinking and power off slider poping up like crazy .... they sent my ipod touch back to me and said there was nothing wrong with it ...LOLLLL i open it up take it out the box everything is fine for 20 minutes,,,then bam its starts doin it all over again ..so i reinstalled everything yet agin ..it is still doin it ...i went to setting and the screen froze, as i hit the home button a camera click sound happens ..everytime i hit the home button...i cant explain this at all ... i need help and apple isnt doin a good job at helping ..me what should i do ...?? so for the choppy paragraphs,

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Did you put a hacked firmware on the iPod?

I would take the iPod back to Apple, show them that the problem is happening again, and nicely but firmly ask that the device be replaced, not repaired.

3. pye46 macrumors newbie

Could there be something stuck in your off/sleep button? Since pressing that and home takes a screenshot and holding down on it causes the power off slider to pop up, maybe there could be dust or something in it. I know it sounds simple but sometimes simple works.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You're most likely right. If the home button is stuck or something then every time he presses the home button it is more than likely to make that camera sound.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The 2G cannot currently be hacked.

6. Mac-Millionz thread starter macrumors newbie

there is nothing stuck in the home button or the sleep button my ipod touch is brand new looking ..and no i never hacked it ...i just listen to music and check the net on my device....this really sucks ....

7. francocisco99 macrumors newbie

guys hi im new here so i hope i make myself clear hahha so everyone can understand me

1 i try jailbreak my ipod touch again
    2 while doing tht by mistake i closed itunes
    3 then my ipod got stuck on the installing apps screen with the zorro but in the computer it wasn stuck
    4 i disconnected the ipod
    5 now it comes on and it does the whole jailbreak proccessss u knw the writin moves and goes on and it says like want to finish boot ? exit and then it keeps goin to the installin apps screen and it doesn move from there what can i do pls help

help
    thnks

8. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

i HATE when ppl dont actually read the threads....

the 2nd gen ipod touch CANT BE JAILBROKEN

9. iTracz macrumors newbie

Exactly what does this have to do with this thread?

10. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

11. Mac-Millionz thread starter macrumors newbie

good news apple support had id's the problem and are sending me a brand new unit tomorrow...i hope this doesnt happen agin!!!:eek:

12. Mac-Millionz thread starter macrumors newbie

good news apple support had id'd the problem and are sending me a brand new unit tomorrow...i hope this doesnt happen agin!!!:eek:

13. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

congrats! :D