iPodTouch not syncing contacts,calendars, photos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rtjstevens, Mar 7, 2010.

1. rtjstevens macrumors regular

Have tried everything I can think off (Inc searching these forums). Videos and music and apps are all synced OK. Have chucked out itunes pref files, rebooted, restored the ipod several times (from backups and as a new ipod), re-installed itunes (without I admit getting rid of the previous itunes in a 'proper' manner). I've ensured all the right boxes are ticked in iTunes but I still can't upload, contacts, calendar or photos.

I did have problems with isync and GoogleMail so I did muck about with isync settings and the login items (under 'account') prior to these faults arising , but, as far as I know have restored them to their default settings - but still no good.

I still get 'the file cannot be found' error message' - and yes, I've done a google search but to no avail....

Any ideas please?

BW

Rich S

2. tomeiningen macrumors newbie

Having similar problem with my 1G iPod Touch. First started seeing Artwork from Podcasts showing up in my music CoverFlow and mix-ups with Artwork in my Podcast listings on my Touch but everything on my iTunes was just fine. No amount of deleting and reassigning Artwork in iTunes helped.

Following Genius advice at the Apple Store I "restored as new" which resulted in all the music being deleted from my Touch. No number of times restoring as new would get the music from my iTunes back onto my Touch.

Tried reinstalling iTunes which didn't help at first but two or three restores following that finally resulted in my music mystically appearing back on my Touch. Now my remaining problem is getting my photos to transfer from my iTunes to my Touch, numerous changes made to file location on my PC and or changes to "prefs" there seems to encourage my photos to make the move.

I also still get 'error -69' and 'the file cannot be found' messages as you do.

Wish I could offer a better solution...

David

3. rtjstevens thread starter macrumors regular

problem partly solved

Hi, i've now got a working ipodtouch again. In itunes I went to 'info' and only ticked one box at a time before trying to sync. Calendars, contacts and mail now were synced. The problem was iphoto - it would allow some files to be synced but not the one I needed. I tried renaming an iphoto folder and reimporting the pics - but this didn't work either. Eventually I loaded the pictures into a new aperture folder and imported/synced it that way.

Hope this helps others...
    BW

Richard