iPodTouch to 2.0 Software inquiries

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Catch Them, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Catch Them macrumors regular

I had a few questions regarding upgrading my iPod 32GB with 1.1.4 software to the latest 2.0 software.

I recently manually added 25GB of music to my iPodTouch and 2 700MB Movies as well.

I have two computers I use primarily and for home tasks and high end work related tasks; if i get the 2.0 software on Machine 1; will I be able to...if need be restore it if im using Machine 2 or have to reinstall either of my OS?
    (i use both XP and Leopard specifically)

Perhaps there is a way to save the file to my computer?

Also second question is, i notice alot of discussions about the newest 2.0 software conflicting with some songs?
    I know more users post vocally about issues instead of stuff that is working...but is there anyone recently that has had it work successfully?

I have not updated or changed or did anything to my iPodTouch since i purchased it two months ago.

thanks in advanced. :)

2. sandyands macrumors newbie

iPod 2 software issues

I purchased the update for my iPod touch and ever since then I cannot get the internet to work.It shows that everything is connected and all the internet settings and IP addresses are correct, but it will not connect. I cannot re-install (unless I purchase again) as the software I purchased was lost when my hard drive died on my laptop... Any known issues with this update that may have an answer for me?