iPhone iPolis - live camera feed

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chetp, Nov 4, 2012.

1. chetp macrumors newbie

This is an app (originated by Samsung...) that lets me watch various cameras set-up inside my house on my iphone in real time. It worked fine with my old iphone 4s.

But have switched to iphone 5 with its new ios and the app is now basically useless. Anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As with all apps, contact the developer and request a compatibility upgrade for iPhone5/iOS6

3. BigDog0019 macrumors newbie

Live camera feed

I don't know if this will help you but the app. Store has an app called Splashtop. Now there are several different apps of Splashtop you need to look to find out which one is right for your needs. I use the camcam one which will mirror what ever you want ex. Cam to iPad or iPhone , iPhone or iPad to controll computer , ect. And so on. Hope this helps.:D

4. mrapplegate, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I think I'm going to quote your reply on all the "why have the developers not upgraded [insert app name] to work on my iPhone 5" threads.

5. chetp thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks - will give it a try

6. LabDog1940 macrumors newbie

LabDog1940

It Does Work on Iphone 5

I've been using the Ipolis application for several years on both the Iphone 4 & 5 and on Ipads 2 & 4.
    The program runs great on all devices, but there was a learning curve to getting the camera system hooked up to the network, and having the appropriate ports opened up. Samsung tech support was excellent in logging in as setting this up for me. Use it all the time