Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emettsantucci

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
i am a registered developer and recently updated my 3g iphone to beta 3 and after the installation all of the apple apps worked, but none of my third party apps work. they just show the loading screen then shut down and it returnes to the home screen. any ideas?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
yup

i am a registered developer and recently updated my 3g iphone to beta 3 and after the installation all of the apple apps worked, but none of my third party apps work. they just show the loading screen then shut down and it returnes to the home screen. any ideas?

As you know being a Developer :rolleyes: that beta are released for Developing purposes. For you and your fellow developers to help test and get 4.0 ready for release. So your fellow developers are busy getting there apps 3rd party to run on 4.0. They are also smart enough to know to use a spare device to test 4.0 as well as there apps and not there primary device. I sure hope your not using your primary device. ;)

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
As you know being a Developer :rolleyes: that beta are released for Developing purposes. For you and your fellow developers to help test and get 4.0 ready for release. So your fellow developers are busy getting there apps 3rd party to run on 4.0. They are also smart enough to know to use a spare device to test 4.0 as well as there apps and not there primary device. I sure hope your not using your primary device. ;)

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but what is your app?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but what is your app?

You can be in the development program (and getting the beta) without actively developing an application. That's my case. I am in the program as I'm getting my feet wet in learning to develop for the iPhone. Since I paid to get into the program, why not load the beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.