Ipone home screen in landscape

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patd, Aug 20, 2008.

1. patd macrumors member

Is anybody's phone doing this??

Attached Files:

2. euanmackie macrumors member

Fake! You can see the different blacks around the apps and either side of the screen! Good try though! Allso it's pixleated! School boy error!

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

He took a screenshot of the home screen, and is showing it in the Photos app.
    Fail on your part, his images are perfectly normal and are taken from the actual iPhone, he simply took a screenshot of the iPhone's homescreen, opened it in the Photo app, and then took a pic of the phone showing the screen in the photo app.

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Nice try. Did you place the iPhone upside down intentionally in the first shot?

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Mine does when I take a screenshot of the home screen and view in in landscape mode in Photos. Nice try.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

8. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Yes, when I take a screenshot of the home screen then view it in the Photo viewer and turn the phone on it's side. It's perfectly normal, no need to panic.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha...

Uh huh...yup.

Actually, I like doing what you've done on the left photo there and then telling others to take it and hit the 'home' button.

Really freaks 'em out :p

10. euanmackie macrumors member

Attutaly it's a fail on your part! Lol As that is exactly what I'm suggesting! If you zoom in on each photo you can see a differnce in the back from the center(screen shot) and the edges( non screenshot). It pixleates sooner than the portrait image too

11. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I am not sure what you are talking about with the images pixelating, as I can zoom in as far as I can possibly go and there is no difference in the photo. There was no photoshopping done here, the photo that you are seeing is a picture of the actual phone with the screen showing that way, and the difference in colors on the screen are where the screen has pixels, and where it doesn't by the bezel of the screen. Maybe we are talking about the same thing :confused:, but there was no editing done to this photo.

12. euanmackie macrumors member

we are ! And what I'm on about with the different blacks isn't the black plastic bits off screen. I'm suggesting if you imagine the size of the portiat screenshot on the horizontal iPhone there will be equal space left and right of 'nothingness' represented by black. This black is differnt to the nothingness black surrounding the apps within the screen shot. On my monitor this gives a halo effect around the screen shot! Thus proving it's a screenshot, just an observation I saw, I'f you don't get it no worries:D

13. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Take a look at the reflection of his hand holding the camera...his hand on the right side covers both screen and right edge all the way to the home button. God you guys must be bored...it is not a fake and is not edited in anyway....WOW, get a life. You must all believe in ghosts and aliens too :rolleyes:

It is a picture of a screen shot, rotated...it is not a FIXED picture.

14. euanmackie macrumors member

OMG can someone please tell me were I said this was edited thru photoshop!! I was saying it's a screen shot rotated you can tell because it is evident that there is a tonal differnce surrounding the screen shot! Sorry for using a bit of clever thinking, come out of the box! It's better to think out here. And for the record we agree ! Simply coming from 2 viewpoints around a misunderstanding! so don't state that were arguing.

15. docprego macrumors 65816

I know it is not genuine because the dock on the lower edge extends off the LCD screen onto the gray border where there is no LCD circuitry.

16. patd thread starter macrumors member

Sorry the dock that your talking about is actually my ipod and a little holder that was included with the silicon case for the phone that I:) used to hold up the phone to take the picture.

Attached Files:

17. euanmackie macrumors member

it's genuine!! Just not a homepage just a screenshot of his/her homepage!!

18. euanmackie macrumors member

hmmmm is the top picture a screen shot of his homescreen? Or how else would it be upsidedown. Unless he/she opens screenshot on iPhone docks upsidedown. The docks horizontaly. Thus explaining pixleation of the screen befour the atual phone and the black colour reproduction, I have a similar problem with my screen shots that the black isn't true black.

19. ImARockStar macrumors newbie

Well im glad i just found out i can look at pics with my phone upsidedown.:D

20. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

AMcBroom81

Good catch :D I was only looking at the screen not the rest of the phone. Again nice catch.:D